Friday, August 7, 2009

Chunky Monkey Evans- our fat 2 month old baby



We pray biblical things over Claire all the time, for her future; as she grows in age, may she grow in grace... One concept she already has down is mercy. She was merciful to me upon arrival, that is for sure. When she was born, her head was in the 25th percentile. Her weight was in the 30th percentile, and her length was in the 54th percentile. Small easy baby to give birth to.

NOW, just a mere two months later, her head is in the 95th percentile, her length is in the 97th and her weight is in the 100th percentile!!! She has grown almost 4 inches and gained 6.5 lbs. Babies generally double their birthweight around 4-6 months... Claire will probably do it by 2 1/2! This is wild, I feel like we've watched her grow at warp speed, never in her life will she grow as much as this first year... And all the growing has left her much more content than she was at 6lbs, 15oz.

Once she was 6 weeks and had packed some weight on, she was able to start sleeping through the night; another merciful act. Right now she's sleeping from about 11pm-5 or 6 am, taking a 1/2 hour feed; and then going back to sleep until around 11am. She's got her 3 naps during the day down as well, ending with one in the stroller, while I walk at 8pm. She and I have logged 40 miles in the past 2 weeks! Here are some recent photos of our little chunky monkey; life is sweet with her, she has even won over her daddy with her coos and snuggles and smiles. I love watching them together!




2 comments:

mama said...

Hey, LittlestLady, I'm so excited to see you in a few days and marvel at your growing Michelin body and allll your new sounds. We can read and sing and go for walks together and maybe go to a ballgame while your mom and dad go on a date. And I'll chuckle at your wonderful bubbles. You're a special little lady!

Heidi said...

Yay for her sleeping schedule! How did you get that so perfected with 3 naps during the day??? I can only pray Oliver will be a good sleeper! Would actually love to hear more of your birthing story - don't really think I got the details! And I know, I'll probably NEVER use the hot rollers. I was just thinking IN CASE it allows for a cute "leaving the hospital" pic. My hair is flat lifeless straw without them. ;-) Oh, and yay for the 40 miles! You go!