Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Claire Evans World Tour: our one year old has traveled to 12 states, now she'll travel to 12 countries too. Woah.

Eastern Europe Trip Planning!!


Still trying to figure out how to have a perfect map with 'pins' online to show our itinerary... But as the trip nears (only 3 weeks away now) I am trying to book our last few places, to get a handle on this massive trip... I think our itinerary is as follows:

1. Munich, Germany- renting a car to put some serious mileage on it!
2. Innsbruck, Austria- one of my favorite places on earth, seeing my brother for 3 days!
3. Salzburg, Austria
4. Bled, Slovenia- looks so beautiful!
5. Ljubljana, Slovenia
6. Trieste, Italy (and Slovenian coast)
7. Rijeka, Croatia
8. Zagreb, Croatia
9. Heviz, Hungary (or somewhere on Lake Balaton!)
10. Budapest, Hungary then through Slovakia en route to
11. Krakow, Poland
12. Auschwitz, Poland
13. Brno, Czech Republic
14. Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
15. Schwaz, Austria- watching my brother play baseball again, then he can complete our figure 8 trip with us our last 5 days
16. Vaduz, Liechtenstein
17. NE Switzerland
18. Stuttgart, Germany
19. Frankfurt, Germany
20. A couple Reformation sites en route to
21. Berlin, Germany
22.lastly driving back down to Munich to fly back to San Francisco... via
23. LONDON, UK!

Whew, I need a nap just thinking about this itinerary!!! But it is going to be a grand adventure. Three generations together and visiting my brother. Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

hootenannie said...

SO impressed by Claire's passport... and your courage to take on international travel with a 1-year old. That is one lucky baby. :)

Heidi said...

It sounds FAB!!! So happy to see Cesky Krumlov made the final cut too! :-)

mama said...

I'm revvvving up daily for the CEWT but should be reasonably sane by departure day. This trip with all my kids will eclipse any fantasy I could've had for the Trip Of My Life. I so thank you for your research, orchestration and enthusiasm in planning our amazing adventure. Yippeeeeeeee!