Monday, January 25, 2010

Too many milestones...

We just started getting used to Claire crawling this past week. She's only 7 months old. So when I saw her pulling up and STANDING today, I about had a heart attack. Especially since her method of getting down is crashing head-first against the wooden crib and bursting into tears. No matter how many times I laid (i.e. body-slammed) her back down, she keeps getting back up on her feet. I am not prepared for this so soon, she just learned about getting on her knees a week ago. Why can't she develop more slowly? She's already over 21 lbs, the weight I thought she'd be at one year! My little baby has disappeared. I am equal parts sad/shocked/stressed/proud. I will try to embrace it, but holy cow, this happened way too fast for my taste.

1 comment:

A, E, e, a said...

It is such a mixed emotional thing, isn't it? Have fun and enjoy seeing her explore and develop new things...