Thursday, August 9, 2007

Airplanes

I am not sure how my husband can fly for a living... After 12 legs around the world this summer, if I don't get on another flight for months, I will be one happy camper. The waiting, the stale air, the back pain in uncomfortable chairs, the small bathrooms, the turbulence, the less than ideal food, the crying babies, the lack of adequate sleep, the grumpy flight attendents, the damaged/lost luggage, the bomb scares at airports, oh man... I used to love flying, but I'm having second thoughts about that!

I will say this. Qantas to/from SYD was great (I watched 8 movies), and the people in the airports in Melbourne and Sydney are so relaxed, I love that. My Alaska flights to/from OAK also went well. Flying from SEA to SJC was fine but not out of SJC, that was my worst flight (a plane crashed on the runway with a malfunction, then our flight attendant fainted, we were just hanging out there forever...). Delta sucked, both to ATL and to ZRH (Switzerland), they were disorganized/chaotic. Air France was okay, the direct flight from Paris to Seattle was novel. I watched Blades of Glory multiple times to keep myself amused... I need to meet some rich people, so I can fly first-class, I envy their lay-down beds... and the food they get is way better... What's up with that! I'm gonna start saving my pennies...

No comments: