Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby Good News and maybe good or not-so-good news

So my mom just left after a great week in TX. Thankfully the weather was cool enough for us to walk Burly on the beach a couple of days and to feel comfortable in general. She loved feeling Claire kick and "being a part of the pregnancy." We shopped for maternity clothes, which was such a blessing, and a lot of baby stuff. I even found a baby towel with a hood that had CLAIRE sewed onto it in pink. I heart the Pottery Barn outlet clearance section. Everything was 70% off the sale prices that were already marked down. We got her towel for only $3. And after weeks of feeling non-committal, I finally am inspired about Claire's nursery. It started out with a pillow sham that was also in the clearance section. We can put that on the chair that will be in her room. We then went to JoAnn's fabric store with the sham and I got 14 swatches of pinks, greens, paisleys, taupes and creams. I sketched out what her room will look like, and now we just have to find someone to help us sew, (or maybe I will learn?) and to paint a dresser that we want to keep in her room for some funky color. Los' mom is going to make her an adorable lamp shade from coordinating ribbon as well. Even though I am only 25 weeks, I am starting to have more of a vision of what the room will look like when she joins our family and we spend time in there. FUN!

The other news I got yesterday, was that I am "measuring" 4 weeks ahead of schedule. I wish this meant I was going to deliver that early, but most likely, the OB said, we're just having a BIG baby. Great... I was only 6lbs, 13oz. though I was 21" long. I was hoping to be carrying a similar little person, but apparently that's not in the cards? Have any of you moms gotten that news from your OB? How did it pan out for you?! Do tell, please! I would love to hear!

2 comments:

KD said...

I can't tell you the number of friends who were told they were measuring big and had 7 pound babies! Don't stress about it, and just enjoy your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had that experience with your mom. My favorite baby item, a I do mean favorite, is a baby's towel with hood! I can hardly wait to see Claire in it!