Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fish and Chips, Beers and a Pisco Sour


Another specialty of Chile is the eponymous Sea Bass. Cara made the good call to stop for fish and chips while we were in Punta, before heading up to Patagonia. We all ordered the fish, which was among the best I’ve ever had. For the potatoes, I tried (and subsequently have had 3 times, because I became obsessed with) the Pure Picante, which is mashed potatoes with amazing spices in it. I am determined to find out what combo to add, so I can replicate this at home. I am by no means a mashed potato fan, even at Thanksgiving; but I heart ‘pure picante.’ The Flory’s and Los also tried domestic artisanal beers, whereas I tried Chile’s most famous drink, the Pisco Sour. Love it, in a way it reminds me of my good friend, the Margarita…

No comments: