Friday, February 1, 2008

Top 10 Trips I want to take: Part I- in the U.S.

Since my mind is on traveling, here are some lists I have in my head. I have been to 45 of our glorious 50 states so far, and maybe 20 capitols; I’m ambitious, but not hard core compared to my friend Catherine’s dad. He has driven the perimeter of the contiguous 48 states and climbed to the top of the highest point in almost every state! He has also been to EVERY county in the U.S. THAT is hard core. He’s kind of my hero.
All I’m saying is that before I die, I would like to:

1. Do a rafting and houseboating trip on Lake Powell and in the Grand Canyon, AZ
2. Drive from Chicago up to Mackinac Island, MI and kayak
3. Ski Killington, VT, and/or Jackson Hole, WY (the only 2 good states I haven’t skied)
4. Go to Alaska and climb a mountain (preferably not Mt. McKinley, I’m thinking small, more like a hill…)
5. Go to Hawaii to snorkel, or ride a bike down a volcano, whatev.
6. Hear the Newport Jazz Festival in Rhode Island
7. Explore Maine in the summer
8. Have a second home at the beach (Los Osos, probs) or in the mountains in CA (Mammoth, my heart)
9. complete a triathlon, and maybe a road race with Los (St. George in UT, or Rock ‘n’ Roll in CA)
10. Go to a college football game in the South (at Texas, or Florida preferably, who along with Cal are my adopted teams)

Here’s to making them happen! I wonder if any of you keep such lists in your minds? If so, I’d LOVE to hear about them…

No comments: