Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meet my new best friend Mac

Book, that is... It is exquisite, if I do say so myself.

We picked it up in San Antonio, before the half marathon, which Los ended up doing in my place. I still feel funky, and had a trusted friend advise against that much exertion. Los was amazing as always, without training, getting a 1:40:01! That's like a 7:30 split, he's unbelievable to me. The winner, Brian Sell, placed 3rd in Beijing's Olympics. I love watching people who are made to run doing what they naturally excel in. I cry every marathon I go to, because of the passion, drama and victory. Especially the parapalegic (sp?) athletes always move me, doing the whole race with just arms, or prosthetic legs, it's remarkable. I even saw a guy with a broken arm running (arm in sling). Intense.

We had a great time in San Antonio and were proud of our other 3 friends who completed the half. Now Los is trying to see if someone will sell him a bib for the Houston Marathon. We'll see... Meanwhile, I'm going to play with my new toy. Happy early Christmas to me:)

3 comments:

Annie Peterson said...

ooh! I would really not mind getting one of those myself... :)

shannonandforrest said...

Hey Sweet! I'm glad you got your new computer! Hopefully you'll start blogging more again, because I am seriously missing the inspiration to be a little more introspective than is my natural inclination. Love you!

Beth said...

One word, Jealous.