Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quirkiness

In my attempt to get back on the blogging horse, I'm responding to the tag from Kate to post:
Seven Quirky Things about myself and Three things I like about myself.
Quirky:
1. When I am really tired, I start scratching my head, without being aware of it.  I didn't think this was weird until my hairstylist asked in a very confidential voice if I'd been beaten or "fell down the stairs" because of the scrapes she saw on my scalp.  Gross.

2. The happiest moment of my life was when Carlos said, "I love you" for the first time and asked me to be his wife.  I was so taken aback by hearing those words for the first time that I started sobbing and laughing uncontrollably (it was like every emotion coming out at once).  I collapsed on to the floor and totally forgot to answer him.

3. I used to judge people that had small dogs and babied them, dressed them, etc.  Now I am that girl.

4. I have studied 7 languages in my lifetime to some extent, and I wish I was fluent in multiple languages (like people from most countries).

5. My parents and brother have brown hair and brown eyes, I was born with blond hair and blue eyes.  Milkman child?

6. I have very selective OCD.  Everything in my closet is arranged by style of clothing and shades of the rainbow.  I unload dishes, and rearrange my spices and pantry for fun.  Conversely, I can live quite contentedly with piles of stuff and chaos all around me.  As long as my few things are in order.

7. I floss one tooth every day multiple times a day, and determine that my life is getting out of control when I haven't had time to file my nails recently. 

3 things I like:
1. I have had size 10 feet since I was in 4th grade, and was the tallest kid/girl in the class until middle school.

2. I am left-handed and right-brained.

3. I don't affiliate with a political party and place my hope in Christ rather than the American government.

I tag: Annie (to momentarily take your mind off Ben); Shannon; Becky A. and Becky R.; Maggie; Joey and mom.

4 comments:

mama said...

Quirks: Newfs; eating habits; druglessness fanaticism; wearing clothes til they disintegrate; not feeling right when my kids aren't feeling good; adventure of watching random vegetation evolve; daily picking up a little trash on the planet; paying all bills immediately. Likes: messy curly locks; simple lifestyle; emotions coming out my eyeballs :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Case!

First of all, do you mean that you floss ALL of your teeth every day, and THEN floss one particular tooth the rest of that day...or that you just choose one tooth each day to floss repeatedly? This intrigues me.

Secondly, thanks for your great reflections! Still living in the transition and the selfishness, I am thankful for the encouragment.

Thirdly, LOVE that cartoon you linked to...what great visual of this historic moment!

Fourth, I bet you've had some Mexican food that is SO SO SO SO SO much better than the poop-in-a-tortilla they try to serve as "Mexican Food" here in Canadia.

Fifth, we miss you guys! Post pics of stuff...like your place, your 'hood...your dog dressed up as a nun...whatever.

Joanna Roddy said...

I posted mine! :)

Joanna Roddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.