Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Someone Call Up Ol' Guinness!!! We've got a Record for his Book!!

The Skagit Valley soil is like crack for plants. I mean, stuff grows like nuts here, it's ridiculous. On top of that, we put about 18 yards of compost (2 dump trucks worth) in our backyard, so it's like crack with extra vitamins:) In two years, my garden has gone from nothing to 3,000 sq. ft. of packed space with 400 things growing madly and passionately! Last week I was picking squash when I saw the World's Biggest Zucchini. This thing is bigger than some of our pumpkins!

I tried various techniques to capture the magnitude of this behemoth.

Not quite getting it yet. Burly was afraid of it.

It was bigger than my leg bone.

Almost as long as our dishwasher and look how it dwarfs the Santoku knife. CRAZY I tell you, put us in the record book!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

this makes me laugh :)

A, E, e, a said...

AWESOME. Our Watermelons turned out huge, too...but if we lived nearby, I would've taken a few zucchinis off your hands!

Case and Los said...

Seriously. I wish I could share all our squash with everyone... it's insane. I loved your watermelon! That would be fun to grow!