Sunday, May 11, 2008

From down on the Evans Farm

Okay, so 3 months behind my fam in Cali, we FINALLY planted vegetables and fruit today. I am excited, this is what we'll have this year:
Green Beans
Snow Peas
Carrots
Vidalia and Red Onions
Artichokes
Kale
Cabbage
Spinach
Romaine and Red Leaf Lettuce
Cucumbers
Heirloom and Roma Tomatoes
Green Bell Peppers
Zucchini
Crookneck Squash
Pumpkins
Watermelon
Strawberries
Cilantro
Basil
Sage
Chives
Rosemary




It may be too late for some of those, we'll see. I can't wait to grow citrus and other things, once we get to TX, but this will be fun for this summer. It is so great to eat things and share with neighbors, friends and family from our own garden! Looking forward to it:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! You guys will have veg for the entire neighborhood! Have you read the new Barbara Kingsolver book? I read an excerpt, and it totally inspired me! http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Vegetable-Miracle-Year-Food/dp/0060852550 Now that we're in Cali, I'm excited about getting a lemon tree and also an avocado tree! ;-)

Case and Los said...

I REALLY want to read that!! I am so jealous, I would love to grow both those trees! My dad planted 4 avocado trees at their beach house (near San Luis Obispo, great area, you should check it out!)

The P's said...

I was just told if you plant your basil next to your tomatoes you will avoid those nasty fat tomato worms! I am so excied for you guys! You really got ambitious! Good for you!