Thursday, May 8, 2008

Top 10 Reasons I'm Excited to Move to Texas

1. Everything's Bigger in Texas- seriously. I love the state pride there, always have, it's unparalleled. I love the interesting state history (six flags) and the fact that MY FAMILY has a town named after us in Texas (Euless, it's where the Dallas-Fort Worth airport is). My great-great-great-great grandpa was the first sheriff of what is now Tarrant county (Dallas and Fort Worth) back in the day. My roots are there, I can feel it:)

2. Cheap real estate by the beach and the water is warm! We are buying kayaks! And we can ride horses on the beach there:)

3. Speaking of warm, the average temp. is 71 degrees, that's perfect to me, none of this 50-degree crap, where I'm thinking it's MAY, for the love, why am I still wearing a light coat outside?!?! angst. We will be able to swim, run and play tennis OUTSIDE, as it should be.

4. I will use my Spanish way more in South Texas than I do up here by the land of the Canucks. Maybe some Mexicans can teach me how to grow an awesome fruit/veggie garden down there in the warm soil.

5. LIVE MUSIC. We love Austin, which is the 'live music capitol of the country.' We can't wait to go to the Austin City Limits Festival. Amazing, see this year's line up here.

6. Not only good live music, but great barbeque everywhere, which I've alreadyconfessed my love for. So far, one of our fave places in the nation is Stubb's in Austin (you can buy their sauce everywhere too!), but we're excited to try new places.

7. Simple living- Texas will be a mellow place to live as we expand our family. And since we have friends around the state (Houston, Austin, San Antonio), someone can help me fulfill Bucket List goal #42

8. We've never been to the Caribbean and will DEFINITELY explore some islands, since it will be so close and cheap.

9. My fave food is watermelon, so you can better believe we'll be going to the awesome Watermelon Festival in Luling:) I can't wait to travel around to small towns like that and make memories.

10. I have naturally big hair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can stay with the Flynt's when you come to Jax!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That's closer to Colorado too! We'll have to meet up with you for the Austin Music Fest! we love those things!

Case and Los said...

Thanks AF, sweet offer:)

Beck, I looked at a map, and it seems equidistant, you're right in the middle, but YES, come to Austin!!!