Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Friends, Football, Food and Fun on the First


Okay, so the last of our holiday parties was today, our annual Jan. 1 party, always a crowd favorite. It's one of those times I wish I could freeze and savor much longer than the 7 hours it actually lasts... Friends from all different parts of our lives descend on the Mill Creek house for games of all sorts (football on tv, cards, board games, puzzles, etc. on different tables) and one HUGE pot o' chili to be had.


It is so much fun to have everyone we love in the same place. It is reminiscent of our wedding/rehearsal dinner, everywhere we look are people we like! Yay for that. It was cool to see our college friends mixing with work friends, and this year we had the treat of having 3 infants there, ranging from 2 weeks-6 months.



I remember years ago, when the party mostly included recent college grads. It's cool to watch the evolution of guests to include married couples and now kids, Jman being the oldest at the ripe old age of two. I love watching my friends parent, and am getting excited about that chapter to come in our lives. We're now homeowners with careers, advanced degrees and dreams a lot bigger than we dreamt at 23... I love growing up. I used to think that life after 23 would suck, all down-hill from there... And I am glad to be wrong about that, every year gets better and better. The adventures we take, the connections we make, the healing that takes place. I am grateful for it all. So here's to 2008 and all that's to come; I am expecting nothing short of greatness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to ring in the new year! This was the best day of my life! Casey is amazing! Carlos is a stud! I wish I had known about the baby thing...Lisa and I could have arrived more prepared. We brought wine instead.