Monday, January 28, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Why I love Washington D.C.

1. I feel more patriotic just breathing the air here (West Coast people don’t get this palpable sense of our nation’s history, I am sad to feel removed from it.)
2. The diversity shows God’s Kingdom
3. Our cabbie from the airport, who clearly isn’t American and can’t speak a lick of English, is listening to some speech of Hilary Clinton’s on the radio. Only in D.C.!
4. The public transportation is great and the city is so walkable. We walked to the White House from our hotel in 15 minutes!
5. And on the way, we passed the Embassies of Tajikstan and Mongolia- who does that?!
6. The crosswalk countdown in Georgetown starts at 50 seconds! (just in case…)
7. There are more museums than I can count and they are ALL amazing, plus they’re FREE! (We went to the American Indian and Air+ Space museums today- awesome)
8. Real change can happen here. I know, I’ve watched Legally Blonde II ☺
9. The Memorials are powerful, my fave is the Abraham Lincoln. Ol’ Baberaham, I like him. (p.s. I saw the top hat he was wearing the night he was assassinated at a museum today)
10. and lastly, Carlos’ grandpa was recently buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Good man.

No comments: