Wednesday, January 30, 2008

State of the Union and the Bush Twins

Okay, so I’ve seen a couple of ‘stars’ here and there in my life; but mostly of the athletic kind. So I am frrr-reaking out that right down the street from me are so many political big deals. George and Laura and the twins, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice, Barack Obama, (my new favorite sign: Barack the Vote!) Ted and Caroline Kennedy, Bob Dole, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, woah. I want to go sit on the steps of the Capitol, or see if there might be any empty seats in the gallery, just in case Laura needs some more company? I think these people would want to know me, I mean, why wouldn’t they, really?

Carlos said that this isn’t like a college basketball game, that you can just buy tickets for, but I don’t know… I’ve seen lots of sparkling clean, official-looking black SUV’s across the street at the Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons, I am inclined to ask a driver if I can hop in. It’s just one seat, I’ll be quiet.

For over a decade now, I’ve had this irrational desire to get to know the daughters of Presidents. It started with Chelsea Clinton. I mean, how awkward is it to go through puberty with the WHOLE world watching? Gotta have compassion for her, right? And then she chose to go to Stanford, right down the street from my house, and far from her’s; so I thought surely we’d run into each other, she would be lonely and we’d become bff’s. Yeah, that never happened. Kind of like the time I honestly thought that by moving to Seattle to go to SPU, I would meet A-Rod and he would fall madly in love with me. Phew, close call, glad THAT didn’t happen…

But in any case, I want to hang out with the Bush twins. I mean we have tons in common… They eat, I eat, they shop, I shop; why can’t we do it together for an afternoon? I’ll even splurge and get us all mani’s or pedi’s. I mean, it could be a little awkward with the secret service people swarming around us like flies, but other than that, major bonding could take place! So if you’ll excuse me, I have a Capitol to get to, and some people to meet. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What up C&C? Glad you liked my old stomping grounds! Holla back now...