Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bungy-Jumping in Corinth Canal, Greece

What a way to celebrate our independence day half a world away, hucking oneself off a 240 foot bridge?! This canal was started by the Roman Emperor Nero (sound familiar?) and then was worked on by 6000 Jewish slaves (it's 90 meters tall and 4 miles long, connecting the Ionian and Aegean Seas. It was finally finished just over 100 years ago. After seeing ancient Corinth, we opted not to go to Cenchraea in favor of bungy-jumping. 6 members of the group did it, I wish I could have too. Maybe in South Africa?! It was voted best bungy jump on The Amazing Race.

Amber modeling the shirts Zulu Bungy sold

Becky's perfect jump; she went waist-deep in the water, no one else did.

Los getting ready to go



I love this photo. You should've heard him laughing, it echoed throughout the canyon like the wicked witch of the west. If I could figure out how to attach the video, I'd put it on.


Christina caught us smooching after he finished, I was so proud, vicariously living through him.

Los, Becky, Emily, Amber, Susan and Tyler exulting post-jump.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm impressed! I would have been living vicariously too...there's no way you'd see me jumping off that bridge! So, ya'll are being "farewelled" tomorrow night? I'm assuming you'll be there, or hoping since you are the reason I am going single without my hubby to a squadron event! :)