Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well we began yesterday in London (love that place) and ended it in our own bed with our little Puggybear beside us. I have about a million thoughts to share re: Greece/Turkey, but as I was reading the Hemphill's recap of the trip, it exhausted me... So I'll be slow to put up posts, as I was with S. America (Flory's, thanks for letting me write on your computer, having that made a huge difference.) I'm realizing that I write way more if I have a computer with me at the time the thoughts are going through my head. A journal just doesn't do it. So I guess I'll have to shell out the dough for a new one since my dearly beloved iBook went to be with the Lord during Spring quarter. Alas...

We are super grateful to be home. We have so many Roma tomatoes and new flowers growing in the garden. I love getting back into routine after living out of suitcases/backpacks. I love coming home and opening up all the windows for fresh air, and doing laundry and dishes and yard work and getting the mail and filling the fridge with new groceries for HOME-cooked meals that we crave. Don't get me wrong, I love Mediteranean food and experiencing new places; but it makes me savor the novelty of having a place to call home even more. My parents are coming in this afternoon (they've been golfing their way up the Pacific Coast Highway from CA and are taking an Alaskan Cruise/Tour for 12 days), so we have some entertaining ahead of us; plus a day trip to Victoria, B.C. for High Tea at theEmpress Hotel and Butchart Gardens, which I love... so I'll try to write later this week or whenever things slow down. I start my summer school Friday, plus we have 2 weddings in Bellingham and Spokane, plus an ordination ceremony (Los' dad is becoming an elder) plus a baptism ceremony (Zentler's baby Audrey) ALL this weekend- all that to say, I don't really know when I'll be blogging and catching up with everyone on the phone. SOON, hopefully. Life is sweet and we are grateful.

3 comments:

Team Hemphill said...

It was exhausting to write our blog. In fact I'm pretty sure it took me an hour... maybe more if you count weeding through pictures to post.
I can't believe how busy you are this week/weekend already! You two sure live in the fast lane, geez. Luke and I are just back to work.
I read through some of your own blogs and I loved your Bucket List. I am starting to write mine and am encouraging Luke to do the same, so thanks for the great idea!
I hope you two get some time to chill at home soon.
<3

Beth said...

Can't wait to hear all the details on your trip...I've enjoyed what you've shared so far! Sounds like ya'll had a great adventure! I'm looking forward to that "being home" feeling myself. Hope you're time with family is special...hope to see ya' soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are home safe and can't wait to hear about the trip! Love you guys!