Thursday, July 10, 2008

London

Our time in London was delightful, definitely a place we'd go again, which I can't say about too many places. We saw the musical Wicked, which we both loved, and enjoyed hanging around town for a few days. I bought a book at the famous Foyle's on the American Revolution from the British perspective, which I am excited to read. Los bought a Noam Chomsky book, which he is devouring. Our hotel was right by Europe's first Whole Foods, so we ate there a lot, which was a blessing. We were also a stone's throw from Hyde Park and Kensington Palace, which was nice.

I loved seeing all the kids and moms hanging at the Princess Diana Memorial Playground. The most stylish playground in the world.

We did a River Thames cruise and went on the London Eye, jff:


The London Tower, where William Wallace and Anne Boelyn et al. had their heads chopped off.


Parliament Building and Big Ben from the air

Watching Euro Cup semi's in the airport. Heathrow's Terminal 5 is awesome! They have cool architecture and food, Tiffany and Co., Harrod's, and all kinds of gucci stores- hardly like any airport terminal I've been to in the world... It was nice to wait there for our flight to Athens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em coming, Case! I want pics of GREECE! We need to get together with you guys...I'm sure the stories are endless...

I'll be in the market for new BFF's at Regent...so I'll do my best to connect with your pal.

Miss you guys! Can we connect some time between July 21 and 29?

hootenannie said...

1) I'm so jealous that you saw "Wicked"!
2) I am NOT jealous that you rode that freaky ferris wheel. I'm terrified of stuff like that.
3) Stylish moms at the park - hilarious. And a little bit intimidating. I don't even own a hairbrush (literally) - and I'm a young single girl. How am I EVER going to get out of my pajamas once I have kids?
4) You are looking smoking hot these days.
5) You made my blog today. :)