Friday, March 21, 2008

Mt. Baker Ski Ditch Day





The last Friday he was here, Los skipped work and we headed to the mountains with 20 or so friends and co-workers to ski/board all day. I can’t wait til a) we have more adventures like that, and b) we have a retreat place to call our own- Flory’s et al. I am jealous! There is hardly any place in the world that I am more at peace, than at a cabin or ski resort lodge, sitting right inside the window, looking out at the beauty of snow-covered mountains. Until that day comes, I will be sustained by our occasional trips up to the mountains. I just love them. Beaches are good too, but there’s just something about being up here I have a hard time describing. Stillness. Raw. Clean. Majestic. It is majestic up here. The craggy peaks, the fluffy snow, the treetops pointing to heaven. The wind against your face, and the exhilaration in your heart you feel going down runs. I LOVE that. Connecting with the creation, I’m into it. And I love watching people fly down the mountain with grace- seeing people do what they are great at is beautiful in itself.

No comments: