Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Bucket List- to do before I 'kick the bucket'

Inspired by Annie’s list of 100 things to do in life, I have attempted to write my own, we'll see if I can make it. (1 of 4)
1. Be on all seven continents (2 left)
2. Own an orange cat named L. Tigre (we can call him Teegs)
3. Be published (book, magazine, newspaper, etc.)
4. Live off 70% of our income, save 10%, invest 10% and tithe 10%
5. Go to Charleston, SC (where my dad’s fam came to the US in 1703)
6. Be healthy (which probably means losing weight)
7. Go to Auschwitz and weep
8. Actually stand up on a surfboard and ride a wave in
9. Own a horse (or have regular access to one)
10. Work at a (plant) nursery like my fave Christianson’s
11. Sell one of my paintings
12. Finish out my last 5 of our glorious 50 states
11. Adopt a child from another place
12. Develop a good wine collection and learn way more about the appellations around me and around the world
13. Run a half-marathon with my husband
14. Cheer him on while he runs the NYC and/or Boston Marathon
15. Live close to family and good friends
16. Believe in myself (consistently)
17. Preach sermons in churches around the country/world with confidence
18. Finish a Ph.D. or D.Min
19. Get good at tennis (my forehand is weak)
20. Be able to flip-turn when I swim
21. Grow and eat our own veggies all summer like my dad does
22. Learn how to can them for winter like Los’ relatives do- I think that would be fun to do with kids
23. Learn how to knit and make my own beanies/scarves
24. Do a rafting and houseboating trip on Lake Powell and in the Grand Canyon, AZ
25. Become a good cook

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

For some reason, out of all of these, #21 sounds so perfect and heavenly. Are gardens a thing of the past? I hope not. But it seems like I only remember them from places in my childhood, and not from my present day. Sad.

I love your listing, and I love your dreams! You will make them happen!!

A, E, e, a said...

Hey Evans'...
So bummed for you about the Olmstead stuff, but true...true...the LORD has bigger and better plans in store! I love your idea of "bucket list"...look for mine on our blog soon.... Hang in there, friends!

Anonymous said...

I love this and think I will borrow the idea for my blog. I've started lists like this many times, but after a season of deep reflection this winter, it seems like time to really dream/set goals/and write them down again!

Case and Los said...

I look forward to reading your bucket lists as well, they're fun to do and speaking them into existence incorporates some accountability to making them happen!