Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trader Joe’s- Best Grocery Store in the Land

This is my blog dedicated to Trader Joe, Jacques, Giotto, Jose, Ming, et al. Thank you, traders, for taking care of me when cooking from scratch is not my highest priority. Sure I love going to shi-shi grocery stores with their fancy aesthetics around every corner as much as anyone else. I also love supporting local farmers. But some times I’m just exhausted or lazy, and the idea of hunting stuff down to whip up a gourmet meal is not on the agenda… Other times, like now, while Los is out of the country, I just need a fast, small portion. You really know how to meet my needs, and I am thankful. You have a kick-ass wine and cheese section, and cheap organic food and flowers. What else could a girl need, really? So here’s a list of current favorites, just so you know:
1. Chili Lemon Pistachios
2. Cinnamon-Cranberry Goat Cheese
3. Pumpkin Spice Granola
4. Sweet Potato Ridge Cut Chips
5. Niman Ranch meats and the Asadas
6. Raclette and other imported cheeses
7. Caribbean Fruit Floes
8. Spicy and Garlic Hummus
9. Pistachio and Dark Chocolate-covered Toffee
10. All the Indian Simmer Sauces

The list could go on and on, but these are a few highlights. Thanks again traders, for making meal times exciting and easy.
Love your faithful patron,
Casey
p.s. if you have never had the luxury of experiencing TJ’s goodness, call 1-800-SHOP-TJS and they will tell you where your nearest store is, and give you directions. Really.
p.p.s if you HAVE had the luxury, tell me what YOUR faves are, we love to try new stuff! Por ejemplo, JJ turned us on to the Cinnamon-Wheat Swirls, what else, do tell?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey, first of thanks for all of the posts on our trip. I love hearing your account. AS far as Tj's goes some of our favorites are:

Parsnip Chips
little rye toasts w/hummus
Marcona Almonds in Honey with Rosemary

Let us know the next time you are going to be in the area and lets start planning our next trip.

Case and Los said...

Word, thanks for letting me borrow your computer to write it all!

We totally eat those Rye toasts, we'll have to try the other two! I'll send you an email regarding travel:)

Anonymous said...

I love Trader Joes too! I went there all the time back in Fresno...unfortunately there isn't one in he whole state of Colorado! The closest is Sante Fe 3 hours + away!

Try the Thai Chile Cashews! The are yumms. My dad brought some out to me the last time he was out here.

Case and Los said...

Beck, I know what you mean, Florida was like that too:( I'm surprised TJ's isn't in CO though! I love Santa Fe, that's such a cool town, maybe the most unique in our country? And we've definitely had those cashews, so good! Happy wedding planning, only 3 mos. to go:)

Anonymous said...

Your post made me miss Trader Joe's SOOOOOOOOOO much. The closet TJ's to me is currently 12 hours away...sad.

When I went to Portland in February, the girls and I visited TJ's and I was super sad that I wasn't smart enough to bring along another suitcase for the flight home. I could have at least taken some of my favorite non-perishable items back with me.

Someday, I will live by a Trader Joe's again!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey-
Definitely cook up some chicken breasts in the Mojito sauce - it's fab! I love reading about your daily adventures!
-Heidi