Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Burly's going to be FAMOUS!

I can't believe my dog is going to get published before I am, but here's an email I got this morning from New York. I had a good feeling about the submission, because I think Erik Torkells (the Budget Travel editor) may have a pug? So I sent one of Burly in Carmel with Los, and one of him on gorgeous highway 20 at Washington Pass when Erika and I were coming back from Winthrop. Both great vacations!

----
Pet Travel Story- Important Info
Congratulations!

Your pet travel photos were chosen for our 2008 June Reader's Issue! We are excited to show off your adorable pets in this special issue and we are even more excited to have you be a part of the process.

Right now we are working very hard to finish our June issue and we are trying to pull together the last little details before shipping it to the press. But before we can seal the deal I have one last request. Our editors have decided to add your hometowns into the text that will run along the side of your pet's photo. Please email me back your hometown (city, state) ASAP. We are short on time, so the sooner you act, the better. You can call or email me at anytime. If I don't pick up, I will at least get your message.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Sheryl McGloffin
Photo Department
Budget Travel Magazine
Tel: (646) 695-6703
www.budgettravel.com

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

Yeeeeaaaahh Burly!!! This is so funny! Maybe you should start a little "Burly's modeling fund"? You know - to send him to college someday.

Case and Los said...

Good idea. My mom said he's so cute, maybe I could get him an agent and have wear a beret in Paris, a sombrero in Mexico City, etc. and then his income could support me:) Ha ha...

mama said...

Moses and Munson have volunteered to be co-agents, suggesting that TheBestDogInTheWorld would be even more noticed in the company of black bookends whose heads are his size. They're willing to wear berets, beanies, baseball caps, sombreros, goggles, masks, anything to please HisLittlestHighness...and will accept treats for services rendered...and they've suggested Newfoundland for a first photoshoot. !GO BURLY!

Anonymous said...

hahaha he could replace the traveling gnome for travelocity!