Thursday, April 3, 2008

Healthiness

So my little broski and I are trying to become 'healthier;' him by eliminating a habit, and me by adding a habit (exercise) and changing a habit (eating). I feel encouraged about it, and am proud to say I've now been to the gym or 'done something'every day for two weeks. Maybe it's the sunny days and spring time, or maybe it's something deeper within, but I am grateful for the motivation.

But just for the record:
#1- not only am I the world's least coordinated person when it comes to following an instructor at choreographed dance moves hence goal #89, but

#2- I am now officially also the world's worst Step Aerobics participant. Who invented that contraption? I want to punch them in the face. I spent 1/3 of the class just standing on my step staring at the obnoxiously peppy lady in front with the skirt and Britney microphone who was bopping around to Justin Timberlake and counts of 8.

So all in all, I am learning by awkward process of elimination, which classes I like (pilates, yoga, weight lifting, etc) and can add to my swimming and walking/running regimen. I'm thinking of entering a race as a goal, but that might be a ways off yet.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

May I put in my plug for a triathlon!? Woohoo!!! :)