Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Why do people only do spring cleaning in the spring? At the expense of exhibiting my geekiness yet again, I'll confess that I love it! This weekend in the glorious sunshine, we cleaned up our yard (at a 1/4 acre, quite the feat!), our garage and cleaned out our kitchen. Staying true to our Rob Bell mantra, we donated some stuff to Goodwill, gave neighbors sugary stuff that had to leave our cupboards, and recycled/tossed lots of stuff that has just been sitting around for 'some day.' It's appalling how long I had some stuff (like a can of soy protein powder that was 'best by 2004')- oops!

Los got his road bike tires fixed and is stoked to put some miles on the expansive farm roads around us this spring and summer. We also bathed Burly, he is like a new dog and smells so good. And Los cleaned the grill, a nasty but necessary task! So we had friends over and enjoyed fabulous Mahi-Mahi, Salmon and steak with salads both nights. We also went to church at FPC Bellingham and walked/ran around Lake Padden. I love spring. I can't wait to plant our vegetable garden, maybe next week? These are the days when I get SO sad about leaving the northwest. Who knows if we'll ever be back, perhaps not. So I am trying to soak in every last drop of the good life we have here. I am grateful for it.

No comments: