Sunday, June 1, 2008

Babies R Us (well not us, but them)

Seriously. Could any more people I know be pregnant at one time? Seriously. In the next month, 3 friends are giving birth, and that's just the tip of the iceberg... My running tally for 2008 has like 15 people on it, intense... So many people I know have 2 kids already- how did the time fly by?

This weekend I had two baby showers, I am about OD'd on baby paraphernalia for a while.

With Kelci and Kiesha- we've gone from galavanting around Europe to being adults together!

Kirsty, who we honored today, may be the most gorgeous pregnant (or otherwise) lady ever!

I am SUPER happy for our friends, and everything they got is so little and CUTE, but what a market it has become, Baby Polo and Baby designer organic clothes, unbelievable. And don't get me started on how expensive this stuff can be... $100 slings, $400 strollers. It's overwhelming. Being one of the few people that has not had a baby that was at these showers, let's just say that I'm sub-par at the games they play. And that's okay. I will have my time, but right now I just need to digest the barrage of info thrown around the past two days (most of which I won't repeat for fear of sounding ignorant and gross- I mean, who wants to read about breast pads, right?) and be glad that it's other people who are dealing with it right now. I just need to finish grad. school and then I'll start learning about everything these gals are taking on. When (if) God grants us the joy to walk down that path, I want to be stoked, but today, just for today, it is a little overwhelming...

2 comments:

shannonandforrest said...

Kirsty does look amazing. Huge, and amazing, how does that work? I think you're just mad because you didn't win the baby shower games =) No, seriously though, no body can stand baby showers except over-excited grandmothers. Even pregnant women get totally sick of all the baby stuff, I can attest to that. When you get pregnant I'll keep the budget to $20 and see what all I can find at Salvation Army and what donations I can beg off the moms I know =) Love you!

Case and Los said...

That's good to hear, there were so many oohs and aahs that I thought I was for sure the only one having a minor freak-out (and NOT just b/c I lost the games, though you do know how competitive I can be)...