Thursday, June 5, 2008

Deadlines and Graduation...

Okay, so pray for me to feel motivation not procrastination! I have 26 pages to write in the next week- 10 of which are due tomorrow before I graduate in Seattle. Then before we head to CA to graduate down there I need to conjure up a 4 and a 12 pager... I am so checked out, my mind is running wild! Which is not helpful, by the way.

This too shall pass. I just can't wait to PLAY, and to RELAX and to see friends and fam and SUN in Cali... and then clean our house/yard so we can put it on the glorious real estate market! And go to Europe! And, and, and... you see why I get distracted from the task at hand?!

Goodbye.

and one more thing (that was my reference to John Mayer's song My Stupid Mouth, in case you missed it)

Graduation dinners:
This Saturday-5pm Lake Union BluWater Bistro, let us know if you're coming! Happy hour until 6:) And I am planning to be happy.

Next Friday-6pm in Pasadena Twin Palms.
Next Saturday- 3pm bbq at my aunt/uncle's in the OC, in Lake Forest (right by Rick Warren's Saddleback Church). Their backyard is straight out of my dreams (or magazines), come if you can!

3 comments:

Beth said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I know this is such a huge accomplishment and I am so impressed!!! I really appreciate the invite to hang out and celebrate with you Saturday. We have a cookout/birthday for one of Carter's friends that we are already attending. I am leaving the 10th and haven't bought a ticket to return yet, it'll be sometime in July, just not sure when. I'm just going to enjoy my family and the warm weather in TX, I don't have much to hurry back to! I'll email you Nate's dad's info. soon. Have so much fun on your trip!!! Sounds like such a blast! :)

Anonymous said...

Casey,

I remember right before I was finished with my MA degree -- I was SOOOO distracted...I feel your pain.

Just keep remembering that the sooner the work is finished, the sooner you can play, dream, and get ready for all of the exciting things to come!

yup said...

1) I hope I don't lose the motivation in a year...and a half... sigh, it won't ever end.

2) you can do it!!!! I'll be here, that day, carrying a pesky flag and hoping I don't drop it on anyone's head...! :)

3) blessings on your travels