Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So Cal Celebration

After the ceremony Saturday, we headed to the OC to my uncle Dennis and aunt Elaine's home. I love being around them, they're big travelers like us and we always swap tales. While we're in Greece/Turkey, they'll be in Italy, Croatia and Greece. They've been married 40 years, and when I asked for marital wisdom, they said, "one day at a time!"
Their back yard makes me SO excited to live in CA and have outdoor living rooms some day. Despite all the botanical Latin/plant ID I've been learning, almost every plant they have is different from what we have in WA, so I'm gonna have to learn a whole new climate of plants...
It was a really relaxing evening, we played croquet and got bossed around by Carter:) (he knew the rules)

KC (my friend since age 12) came and we hung beneath the gazebo

Outdoor fireplace= dreamy

Outdoor grill and cooler= awesome. The grilled pineapple changed my life:)

Love the chandelier

Sweet Lola (one of their 3 mini-Schnauzer's) in my lap


our happy family

No comments: