Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our New Old Truck

In the late 1950's, International made about 500 A-100 trucks a year. It just so happens that my great grandpa bought one. He sounded like an interesting character; one who could've easily become a multi-millionaire if he'd hung on to his 40+ acres of Orange County property just a little longer... I never got to meet him, as he died tragically by drowning during a fishing trip with my dad. 50 years later, my dad still has Bompa's truck, and this weekend, he told Carlos that he could have it some day. So introducing our new old truck- how fun is this?!


5 comments:

mama said...

OMYGOODNESS The Beast looks wonderful with his facelifts and bodylifts and complete makeover! I drove him 30 yrs ago when he was dull yellow and very noisy. But when the BMW broke down, The Beast was reliable. Long live The Beast!!

A, E, e, a said...

that is sweet! Is it still drivable? It was soooo good to read all your updates today- I was missing out on some "C+C love" these last few days...=)

Case and Los said...

Sorry Emo, I'm an all or nothing kind of blogger, not one every few days, 6 at once:)

Unknown said...

sweet ride. hopefully it won't cost you 9 bucks a mile by the time you get it.

Case and Los said...

Seriously, right... It's going to haul Los' surfboard:) supposedly...