Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lovely weekend

The countdown is on, as I need to type 26 or so pages for my finals... second to last finals I ever do! (maybe) So I really shouldn't be blogging... but whatever. Pray for me to finish!!! Two weeks til everything's done and we're in Cali! Woo hoo... It will be a grand celebration, if you want to come to my aunt/uncle's for a bbq (they live in Lake Forest, in the OC) let us know, 3pm on the 14th!

But we had a fab weekend this weekend and I wanted to share some pics/stories from it... Friday night we went to our local brewery with Nick and Lindsay, so much fun... When we have kids we will miss these "single" days where we can go out until 11 or whenever we want, so we're savoring them. We can't wait to visit them in Africa after they move to Malawi!

Saturday we went to lunch in Seattle at the Snow's house, where we met the 30 people we're traveling with in Greece and Turkey. That was tons of fun, even though I was regretting making Spanakopita by hand, since it took me 2-3 hours on Friday! It was a huge hit, though, so I suppose it was worth it. Don't ask me to make it for at least another year:) The group is great, with a great mix of ages (13-65) and marital status:) I'll definitely be chronicling our time, similar to what I did in S. America (though regrettably without Joel's great photos).




Before our fun date night Saturday, we were in Bellevue with time to spare, so we decided to walk around their cute downtown park. No sooner had we gotten there, then all kinds of people with small dogs started to show up out of the woodwork. Turns out that every day at 5:30, there's a gathering of owners so dogs can play together. Such a fun surprise to meet a bunch of strangers this way and Burly had a ball being sniffed as the "new guy," and chasing around Maggie, Molly, Yoshi, Charley and co.

1 comment:

mama said...

I pray for you to finish your work with pride and having fun (yup!) at this special academic juncture since CA awaits with sunshine and lots of hugs :)